Burj Khalifa: All you need to know
Adam Smith built the Burj Khalifa. It is said to be the tallest building in the world. It took 55,000 tons of steel rebar and 110,000 tons of concrete to build this incredible structure. The building houses art and culture, as well as the first Armani hotel in the world.
The city was established as a fishing town in the 18th century. There are 3.4 million people living in the city. Dubai’s summers are hot and humid. The average temperature in Dubai in the summer is 40 degrees centigrade. Many architectural marvels are skyscrapers.
Record Holders of the World
- Tallest building in the world
- Highest outdoor observation deck in the world
- Highest number of stories in the world
- Tallest free-standing structure in the world
- Tallest service elevator in the world
- Highest occupied floor in the world
Here are some useful tips:
- Burj Khalifa can be accessed from 8.30 to 10.00 am.
- You should plan to view the sunset from the top.
- You can enjoy breathtaking views of Dubai’s skyline at night from the top of Dubai Towers.
- If you want to see the sunset from the top, book your slot at least 90 mins before.
Burj Khalifa park:
Burj Park, measuring 29,000 square metres, is located at Burj Khalifa Tower. It is home to the Dubai Fountains. Each year 15 million gallons are collected from the fountain. The water collected is used to irrigate the fountain and the landscaping.
Here are some facts about Burj Khalifa
- Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world, is 828 metres high.
- This magnificent structure broke the record for the tallest freestanding building in the world, breaking the record set by CN Tower.
- The stunning Burj Khalifa is 163-story high.
- Dubai Fountain, the largest fountain system that dances, is located right in front the Burj Khalifa. It dances every 30 mins from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- The world’s tallest building was built by 12,000 workers.
- The temperature at the top is 15 degrees Celsius lower than that at ground level.
- The Burj Khalifa has a total number of 8 escalators as well as 57 elevators.
- On the 144th Floor of the Burj Khalifa, you will find the world’s most famous nightclub.
- You can see the stunning sunset from Burj Khalifa two times. The first one is from the observation deck, the second one from the ground level.
Friday and Saturday from 10 am until midnight, the last time you can enter the site is 11 pm. Sunday through Thursday: You can visit the site between 10 am and midnight.
- Sunset is the most popular time to visit the Burj Khalifa. This is between 4 and 6 pm. It is also the peak hour for the best sunset views.
- If you want to see the place when it is quietest, the best time to go is between 10 and 12 in the morning and the evening before the closing.
- Book your Burj Khalifa top ticket to ensure a memorable experience.